Living in Spain

Information on services can be found on the universities' websites and on the Euraxess Spain website.

Visa and residency permit

For studies and research periods lasting less than three months no study visa is necessary, unless the candidate is from a country for which a visa is required as standard practice. For periods of between three and six months a visa is required for non-EU nationals, but the candidate does not have to apply for the residency card. For studies and research periods lasting more than six months, visitors must apply for both a visa and a student's residency card in Spain. Candidates have to begin the application process within a month of their arrival in the country. The student residency card is processed by the Oficinas de Extranjería (Foreign Nationals Offices) of the Spanish Police.

For further information visit the website



Implemented by:
CampusFrance DAAD European Community
Nuffic British Council Eurodoc IIE